Engines... A*M*C, OF COURSE!!!!!

Hi Gang. Merry Christmas! I have some technical
questions (just a hundred or so) for all the tasteful
AMC lovers out there.
I saw on todays post that Chrysler used 360's right up
to 1992? Are these absolutely identical to AMC 360's?
If so, it would sure make it easier to find one. For
instance, will AMC headers and 4-barrel manifolds bolt
right up? I am actively searching for a BIG V8 for my
beautiful, sexy, 1970. I was thinking of a lovely FORD
engine (just kidding Bart, relax)I would also like to
have a four speed T10 tranny. Aside from the
crossmember, will all this bolt up together and fit
in? Also, would I have to replace the front springs
with heavier units to go from 6 to 8? Will the stock
rear end work with a T10 or would I need a Javelin
diff? Are 401's good engines or are they "fragile" I
keep hearing references to cracked blocks? I don't
want to race my baby, so I would rather go 360 if it's
a more rugged engine. I will also install disc brakes
on the front because I remember what 1971 stopped like
way back when! Maybe FORD brakes? (just kidding Bart).
Thanx in advance for any advice. The more, the better.

Who bought the "new" 1974 on ebay? What a steal! For
the amount of the tax on a new, computerized, gutless
shitbox, someone got a NEW, RELIABLE, peppy, cute,
classic! Take care of it and enjoy, whoever you are!

Have a great holiday all of you, from gremlin_ken in
Canada! <kandrew@xxxx>