Car shows

I agree they are good looking cars. I wouldn't turn one down if you gave me
one. I don't really understand why people spend the money on a Prowler to
get a car that looks like a street rod when for the same money or less you
could have the real one. I would like to make a comment to Karla. That is
the reason I seldom go to car shows that charge and judge the cars. Not that
my Gremlin is in mint condition but I have seen cars in worse shape than mine
win trophies just because there wasn't a class for AMC cars. It has been
suggested to me by a few people to list it as a Mopar instead of an AMC.
Their theory is that since AMC didn't go out of business but was bought out
by Chrysler that technically we are a part of Chrysler. I know the local
unofficial head of the unofficial AMC club has been approached by some
Chrysler clubs to bring some AMC cars to their regional meets. Seem like
they think we are a part of Chrysler. As for as comments, I hope this wasn't
one of the people running the show. I have been taking the Gremlin to cars
show for the last 5 years and only had one person ask me when I was going
through the gate where was my show car. His buddy was quick to point out
that it was a Gremlin. The guy said he was sorry he though it was a new
foreign family car. As for as spectators, I get quite a few people laughing
at it but lets face it I think it is a funny looking car. Most people aren't
sure what it is or they either have own one or their best friend did at one
time. I have a tag on the front of mine that says 1978 last one. I have
heard comments it must be the last one running, not for from the truth, but
most know that it is the last year made. The comment I am the most proud of
was made by a guy who said you might as well have a Rolls Royce. He said he
has been to thousands of car shows and Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, and
street rods are a dime a dozen but he has never seen another Gremlin at one.
Then he smiled and said he bets if he goes to a thousand more he will never
see another one. I bet he is right unless he fixes the one in his driveway
and starts bringing it. Point is don't let the comment bother you. We have
very unique cars.
Terry
78 Gremlin