How to remove wheel stud from '74 Gremlin rear axle?

How to remove wheel stud from '74 Gremlin rear axle?

 Should I pull the axle out, and have it pressed out, or should I try to
beat it out with a hammer? I figure beating it out may not be the healthiest
way for the axle or bearing assembly. Dang, I should have waited and chased
the threads on it. Oh well, too late now. Luckily it's on antique tags, so
there's no worry about having to pass Inspection, but I want to get it done
right. Any suggestions welcome. :)

Jerry