Jerry - 1, County Code - 1. I win! ( halfway....)

Jerry - 1, County Code - 1. I win! ( halfway....)

 Well, my fight with the county over my car "shed" has come to an end,
finally. I cut my hair, wore a suit, and went down to the county offices, and
straightened the 'crats out, and got it fixed finally. Apparently when Zoning
drew the little line on the Plat for the shed, it looked like it was attached
to the garage ( at least on paper, although it says clearly on the sheet "
Detached Structure " stamped in red. Damn literal-minded pencil-pushers! They
changed it after I showed my pics of the shed from 3 angles, agreed it was
detached, and I went on my way after they redrew the little picture on the
Plat. I'm still having to legalize the cars with tags or hide them, though,
going to swap gremlins between garage and driveway now, as I got tags for the
GT ( finally!!! ). then I'll have the Subaru donated to the fire station,
they agreed to take it, it's only 3 blocks away. Woo-hoo! almost done, then.
I know who the guilty party is pretty much ( next door neighbor ) I found out
that my pop-up camper had been reported as well. The code Enforcer said all
my stuff was legal to him, though, but he referred the shed to the Planning
division, which then proceeded to "assume" because of a missing line on the
artwork, it was an "attached" structure. But, alls well that ends well! AND,
there's some peeling paint on THEIR old antique car port made of old window
panes...guess a call to the County to have them get it painted to meet code
will be in order! Heh heh! Anyway, will work on pulling the motor of the 'Ru
tomorrow morn, then head to Richmond for the NASCAR race that nite. Fun!
Well, that's my report, catch everyone later,

Jerry
one happy AMC owner...