VET

Made a mistake last year and didn't take Gremmie to be tested when it was
supposed to be. They changed the law in Kentucky last year and it is no
longer a criminal offense. If you don't get it done on time they void your
registration. You keep your tags but if your stopped by the police you get a
ticket. You have to have it done before you can renew the tags. It also cost
you an extra 2 dollars to have it tested and you have to go to the county
clerks office and pay another 20 to have it updated in the computer. I didn't
know all this when I decided not to do it. I am always scared it won't pass.
The air injection for the exhaust system has rusted away. Would like to
replace it but I had a hard time finding one 7 or 8 years ago. Anyway I
pulled into the testing center the first guy said he would love to buy it off
of me but he knew he didn't have the money. Then at the second stop half the
guys in the center came over and had to look at him. Complimented me on
having a mint condition Gremlin. Well, he isn't mint, I would call him good
but it made me feel good anyway. My worries were for nothing. Gremmie past
with flying colors. According to the printout I can use the exhaust for an
oxygen mast. I am thinking about taking the air pump off of it and plugging
the holes in the exhaust manifold it isn't doing anything anyway. It would
cut down on the engine noise and it would probably run cooler without the
exhaust leaking into the engine compartment. Two more years and I won't have
too worry about the VET. He will be 25 and I can get antique tags. While
waiting in line I noticed the last time I changed the oil was in May of 99.
Told my son I must not have put on a new sticker the last time I changed it
the oil looks too clean to be that old. Then I noticed the mileage and I
have only driven him 475 miles in the last two years. That's my Gremlin
story. Have a good Easter. I really enjoy this group even if I don't write
that often. Terry