Re: Sleeping , Chevy Gremlin, Nissan-powered Gremlin...

Re: Sleeping , Chevy Gremlin, Nissan-powered Gremlin...

 Ok, I have chatted with, and keep in touch with, the AMChevy guy ( and
his wife, too, who first contacted me ) in South Carolina, who's got the
mousekateered Gremlin. Hey, he did it HIS way. I've been thinking of junking
my 280 ZX, and dropping the inline 6 into my project '76 Gremlin, I love
Nissan motors, they run forever, it's fuel injected too, and has a 5-speed
tranny. It'd be a major project, but maybe a fun one once it's finished. I've
got enough "stock" Gremlins as it is, so I don't mind tinkering with an
extra...besides, I might STILL do that Allison V-12 conversion one day! >:)
Anyway, this sure has stirred up more G-list activity than I've seen in
awhile. I did chide the Mouseman on using that Bowtie emblem in his Gremlin
grill, though, I said if he ever showed up at an AMC meet with it, he better
have Rhino-hide skin 'cause he would never hear the end of it! LOL. But I'm
sure the Ford guys feel the same way when a some nice '32 Coupe pulls into a
cruise-in with a Chevy 350 sitting under the hood. But the sad fact is, Chevy
has durable, reliable motors, with many interchangeable parts, whereas Ford
doesn't, and AMC stuff isn't as prolific, either. If any of you REALLY want
to make your point, why not go buy a nice '69 Camaro, or '66 Ford Mustang,
and drop in a Hi-po 360 or 401? Then we'll all know how much you love AMC
power! :) And you can show others how much you appreciate THEIR cars, but
with a better power plant! LOL. So, if I show up at Cecil County with a
360-powered Mustang, can I run it in the drags? It only says the engines have
to be AMC, nothing about the cars! LOL. hmm...I can get an old Pinto fairly
cheap....wouldn't be hard to stuff in a 360, and embarrass all you
Gremlin/Javelin/AMX owners! Wouldn't THAT be great!? heh heh...ok, I don't
have the time to do it. I'll just have to settle for dreaming right now.
Guess I'll go work on cleaning up and organizing the garage some more, it
snowed here a few inches last nite, so I'll catch ya'll later. I'll be
planning a Matador coupe "ragtop" conversion, with a Mopar Hemi, Ford 9"
rear, etc. AMC ya!

Jerry the dreamer