Would Pacer transmission fit Gremlin?

 I"m getting a running engine/trans combo from a Pacer, and was wondering
if it would be a virtual bolt-in to a '71 Gremlin. I know the engine is the
same size, but I don't know if the transmission is the same length in the
Pacer as in the other cars...anyone know? Would the casing be different? I
believe it's an automatic trans. The '71 Sunroof Gremlin needs complete
restoration, and this way I can get a complete drivetrain installed to get it
going quickly whenever I start on that project. STill have to dump several
non-AMC project cars before I'll have the space to do it, though. Still
thinking about putting a Nissan straight 6 into the project primered '76
Gremlin as well, if the rusty ZX doesn't sell. Would be an interesting
prospect. Anyway, thanks for any help on the Pacer-to-Gremlin transplant.

Jerry Casper
shuffling junk out of the garage in the snow/sleet/rain...