Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 125

To be very honest you have to remember when this was written. In 1973 a
Gremlin was not on the list of a car every teenager dreamt about. I know I
didn't. They didn't dream about Pintos and Vegas either for that matter. To
be very honest I bought me a 1977 Gremlin in 1980 when I was thirty and I
must say after the first date with a girl we ended up driving her car after
that. I didn't keep it very long. I am just glad my mother had the insight
to keep hers. The article was correct if you were measuring success by the
car you drove. I would have to question the Challenger and Barracuda though.
It is the same today. You don't see many up and coming executives driving
Escorts and Neons. I know I just made everybody mad but sorry guys lets face
it the funny looking car we all LOVE was never a stud mobile no matter how
you dressed it up.