From: Diana Smith <windance@xxxx>
To: <gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 3:06 PM
Subject: [gremlintime] Glad to find this list....

> From: "Diana Smith" <windance@xxxx>
>
> Have been wanting another Gremlin for ages...got my first in '72 brand new
(yellow) for $2200. Had my daughter looking for me,too and she came accross
a '78 Gremmie in Kansas...on the road for $350...snatched it up for her
Mom's birthday ! It is the funky green color, all orriginal and everything
works down to the 8-track player and A/C. Only thing it needs is a
replacement for back hatch window...anyone know where to start looking for
this??? Someone had cobbled together a plexiglass replacement. Our mechanic
is in his 70's and he had a ball fiddling with the car...tuned it up,
changed the points and plugs,etc. Passed inspection 1st try. Gets up and
rolls...my son had an old junker Javelin so we were able to scrounge a
couple of window cranks. Guess they only made a few of the 4cyl. models like
this one. You can see her coming down the road a mile away in that green
paint job !! DEE