[BaadAssGremlins] Group19 Parts MAY go back into production

[BaadAssGremlins] Group19 Parts MAY go back into production

Topic: New Edelbrock STR-11 Crossram Posted: Yesterday at 4:38pm

This morning I got an email from Mike Pearce (Petes Patriot) and I thought that some of you might be interested and would be willing to help out with your response. Mike's website and phone number is at the bottom of his message!

Mike doesn't come on to the forum much so I told him I would post his announcement and request here.

This is the e-mail from Mike Pearce: I have been in the process of having several SSAMX and Scrambler parts re-introduced. Re-introduction is the process by which I go to the original manufacturers of some of the Group 19 AMC parts, and negotiate with them to re-introduce these parts. A step above reproduction. I have been lucky enough to secure Doug Thorley headers for theSSAMX (rectangular) and Scrambler (rectangular and dog-leg)(the ones with the detachable starter tube), Crane Engineering heads for theSSAMX, and JE Pistons for the SSAMX.

I am entering the final stages of making an agreement with Edelbrock to re-introduce the STR-11 manifold. This manifold is projected to be available by June, 2013 if I can prove the interest in them. These manifolds will be the same design as the original ones, however, we are incorperating a couple of minor changes. The re-introduced STR-11 will be universal to fit 68-69 and 70 and up heads. The noticeable difference will be the late Edelbrock logo instead of the original logo. This is being done so that the re-introduced STR-11 manifolds are easily differentiated so as not to devalue an original piece.

What I am requesting from you is to bring this up to your fellow AMCers, discuss it, then email me with your response as to whether you would be interested in purchasing one when they are available or place a pre-production order to insure that you get one.