Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC Front seat upholstery

What kind of AMC are talking about?

--- On Sat, 5/19/12, Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC Front seat upholstery
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012, 9:43 AM

Having AMC seats recovered is same as having a AMC painted. You simply have to shop around. Don't go with first house you look at, first insurance company you contact, just contact other old car folks at cruise nights and if they have nice interiors, regardles of what make, ask them who did it, many times they more than happy to divulge information. You also have a North Star AMC chapter in MN,

I would talk to them to find out who does what, or recommendations by fellow AMCers, you probably would find out who to check out, and who to stay away from.

When I was going to get my seats in the 71 SC/360 redone several years ago, I talked to people at Westside Upholestery 1 block from me. There is always a number of musclecars, classics and antiques at that place, just hour ago driving down Brittmoore in my 82 Concord woodie wagon I noticed a old Rolls Royce, Starfire 2 door and a 63, or 64 Corvette at the place. When I showed them my seats they said about $1500-$2000 to redo them. They do excellent work, and I just recently wrote here about a Buick 56 convertible they were redoing the interior on before it went thru Iowa auction and I believe sold above $200K+. So I politely declined, and tooks eats to small shop on gessner called Hernandez Auto Interiors. Hernandez used to work for Westside but started own shop. He agreed to redo the seats in the design I submitted of red, white and blow. Front seats, head rests, rear seat, they got cushions, new big grain vinyl and numerous springs for $850.

Great job, same as Westside but fraction of price. Warning, since some of ya'll are considering having seats done by people working out of house, get a quote first and don't pay up front!

Also if you wish to have original AMC NOS material used for seats, try SMS on my VENDORS list they have millions of rolls of NOS materials dating back to 1920s/30s, and have a number of AMC rolls.