Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC AMX GTO project

Atleast its all Ford!   AMX/GTO is a crossbreed/street rod.  I don't get it.  Why not just drive the GTO?  Stop wrecking the classics!

Olly

From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC AMX GTO project

Ok what is it. An AMX body with GTO mechanics are a GTO made to look like an AMX. I guess you guys have seen the kits that turn a 90's t-bird into a 49 Ford. The first one I saw I though I was looking at a 49 Ford then I looked a little harder and figured out what it was. They take the t-bird front end off and bold on one that looks like a 49 Ford then they have sheet metal for the rear end that looks like a 49 Ford. It takes a little work but it looks good. Of course the inside, doors, windows and interior are all the T-birds. So your riding down the highway in a 95 t-bird which is a gairly modern car but it looks like a 63 year old car.