From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin AC
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 2, 2012, 4:40 PM

Don't know? My 78 232 is exactly like your 77. It has a double pulley on the A/C compressor and you have a belt that comes off the compressor and runs the alternator that sits under the a/c compressor. I might be wrong it has been a long time since I owned it but I am pretty sure that my 77 with the 258 did the same thing. Since I only drive mine to car shows and sit on hot asphalt parking lots after I get there I have never worried about getting the a/c to work. I have often wondered though if the compressor and clutched ever locked up what would I do to get my alternator to work.
Terry