[BaadAssGremlins] re: Cleaning AMC rambler gas tank

[BaadAssGremlins] re: Cleaning AMC rambler gas tank

Warning dumbazz award coming thru! I forgot to mention something I did years ago in 1980s,
that is pull a gas tank off a AMX in sunshine. The car was this 69 'catfish amx' note hood
fiberglassed down:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/customizedamx.jpg

and the "amc grassy knoll" near my Gang Garden Apartments:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_My/notaparade.jpg

 It was only about 90 degrees that day, and I had pulled the gas tank off to go clean it.
Drained off remainider of gas and laid the gas tank in grass near where I was working.
While under car I looked over at tank and saw haze near neck....realizing the sun was
heating up my car bomb quickly and the fumes were emanating from the neck! So before a
passing car took out a square mile area or created fieball scorching 5 Texas counties, I
picked up the tank gingerly, making sure it didn't scrape on anything...and carried it to
shade where it was fine. Then went and blew it out AT NIGHT at the car wash around
corner.....so gave myself a dumbazz award that day to go with AMC logoed thong.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

=======================

"I agree with Eddie Stakes on the gas tank cleaning. I took mine down and washed it out. I
then (may sound funny) put rocks in the tank and shook the crap out of it to break up any
loose rust, etc. I then took it to car wash and cleaned good with and without the rocks. I
put alittle fuel in to help capture the remaining water. Pour out gas/water mix, install
tank. I haven't had a problem for about 8 years."

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)