Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 57 Pontiac Bonneville convertible with fuel inject

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 57 Pontiac Bonneville convertible with fuel injection

Yea I agree you could buy 100 of the Hornets for the price of the Pontiac. I still say what keeps the price of AMC down is the lack of parts especially body and interior. I parked next to a guy who had a mint 57 Pontiac and ask him was it hard to find parts for it. He pulled out two cataloges that had every part you wanted for it in them. I get ask all the time where do they get parts for their AMC projects. I tell them mechanical parts go to you local parts store they will have most of them. Odd stuff that you wouldn't think you would have a chance in hell of finding I tell them about the vendors that are out there. When they ask for body parts I tell them to go to the internet and pray.
Terry

From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: baadassGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 10:00 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] 57 Pontiac Bonneville convertible with fuel injection

Stopping at the taco truck on Brittmoore yesterday in my 1974 Hornet Sportabout, the taco
truck is located in the parking lot of Westside Upholstery which always has some neat
muscle cars, classics and antiques, this is one block from me on Brittmoore in Houston.
Poking it's head out of one of the stalls was a chrome heavy Pontiac, so while taco lady
proceeded to make my tacos without first washing her hands, I walked over like commonly do
to ramp and inside place to inspect the old car.

It's a 1957 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, white/red, high level concours car, has fuel
injection, and the crew were putting some minor interior touches on the car. Simply
stunning and I have never seen one. Although my dad at one point had two 56(?) four door
Pontiacs in early 1960s, one white/green, one pink/green.

One of the guys told me the car will be going to auction, and I would have to guess this
is the same car in Hemmings:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/pontiac/bonneville/1276980.html

although didn't go around back to see if Iowa tags, not unusual to see out of state
classics at this place. A simply beautiful old car if you appreciate old cars.

So I walked back to my 79K beautiful daily driven in Houston Texas Hornet Sportabout after
picking up my 2 huevos/tocino/sequoias/queso y tortilla arina things and drove off. You
could buy 100 of my Hornet Sportabouts for what the Poncho is for sale for by the way.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com