Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Woodward Dream Cruise

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Woodward Dream Cruise

40,000 cars that is one hell of a lot of cars. Two Gremlins. I can believe that. In the 14 years I have been to car shows besides the couple of nationals I have been to I have only seen two other Gremlins. A restored 74 X a couple of years ago at the last show of the season and a mint original 72 at last years big show at the park. The guy that has the X lived about 50 miles south of me and I have never seen it since. The guy with the 72 didn't have a clue of what had he bought it at an auction and was his wife's daily driver and only brought it to the show because some friends talked him into it. He lives about 75 miles north of me and while he might be there this year the way he talked I doubt it. Don't know how old you are but I believe the stories that almost every one over 45 either owned one of their best friend did. When we bought ours in 80 they were all over the place. They were a cheap dependable car but like most cars of the 70's they rusted to pieces. To tell you the truth unless you had a hot one most of them broadcast looser all over the place. I bought my 77 for my mother but I didn't buy me another car fast enough so she bought the 78 the one I have now  about a month later. I kept mine for about two years and traded it off on a new Chevy. Why? Because like I said it said looser. I was a 32 year old, never been married guy with a decent job. You ever pick up a girl in a 3 year old Gremlin. You could tell my the look on their face and then the second words they came out of their mouths was my parents gave me one of these things as my first car. I loved it but the body fell to pieces. If there was a second date they threw my the keys to their cars and would say here drive a good car. Really good for the ego. With all the cars I have owned if you have told me I would be taking my mothers 78 to car shows I would have told you that you were crazy.
Terry,