[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin body structure

[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin body structure

Hello Guys and Gals,
I was curious if anyone on here knows how the Gremlin body was constructed? Was the inner body metal panels welded together first then the outer body? I am going to take a shot at repairing some botched body work where the previous owner replaced the whole passenger side of the car (inside and out) using sheet metal from a donor car but cut the rear quarter panel too short. I will need to cut the panel loose at the top to add roughly an inch of metal to make everything level again. The inside of the car has the same problem; they cut the lip of the panel above the wheel well off making it too short at the bottom. By a stroke of luck I found a (brand new) replacement for the inner body panel (that goes above the wheel well). My plan is to remove the bad inner panel, then cut the outer panel loose at the top, then install the new inner panel. By doing that it hopefully will give me an accurate measure of what I need to add to the top of the exterior panel. The car will be leveled and braced first of course to avoid more problems.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)