RE: [BaadAssGremlins] pacer with 12 miles

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] pacer with 12 miles

Wow.... whadda honey!!

It really looks cherry.  12 miles is incredible.

But I do have a question -- almost a suspicion.  The photos looked good
EXCEPT for the shot of the engine bay taken from the passenger side.

Look at the AC compressor.  Painted black.  As we know, from the factory,
those things looked like they were *dipped* in black.  But look at the way
the paint has flaked off from the *edges*.  From the compressor headgasket
up, around the edge and inboard past the bolt heads.

Is this pattern consistent with something that had been *sitting*?  My first
guess is that compressor has been cycled many, many more times than would be
practical in 12 miles.  It doesn't quite look right to me.

In the same pic, there is noticable rus on the valve cover.  I'm OK with
that.  Blotchy rust is commonplace in cars that sit even indoors.  Which is
why I'm wondering.... why isn't the AC paint missing in "blotches" instead
of a predictable pattern like ordinary wear would cause?

Maybe I'm just overly-suspicious because it's so nice AND it's in New Yawk
;-)

But wow, everything else really looked sweet.  Unfortunately, it's outta my
price range.  AND I'd only get it to DRIVE the thing <heh,heh>.  Not
everyone might appreciate that.

L.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional