[BaadAssGremlins] AMC 1/4 sail panel factory plugs

[BaadAssGremlins] AMC 1/4 sail panel factory plugs

Here we go, make me go up in attic on 90 degree day & find bagged personal stash of early
Javelin sail panels with factory original shoulder harness plug. This one is metal, some
were plastic. Nothing special just shoulder harness plug. This set came from 27,000 mile
68 Javelin 343/AT I parted out which had been t boned sadly. It was a November 1967
Javelin build, I believe I still have the door tag (am fond of those you know hee hee)
here.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/amc-sail-panel-plug1.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/amc-sail-panel-plug2.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/amc-sail-panel-plug3.jpg

While we on the subject of 1968 Javelins....here are some photos of the photo shoot of the
Jim Nabors CBS comedy show from August 1967 of which AMC was a sponsor! To coincide with
this, AMC launched a bevy of ads in such publications such as LOOK magazine to promote the
heavily watched show:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/68_javelin343.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/68_rebel_LOOK.jpg

these photos are from AMC's Marketing Department:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/68_javelin_LOOKcover.jpg

Released Aug 22, 1967 this is crude drawing (can't make this sh*t up) of 'what the Javelin
would look like on television'

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/68_javelin_tv.jpg

keep in mind the "new" 1968 Javelin, Rebel, Ambassador, Rambler & American series would
not be in dealer showrooms for another 2 weeks, so quite neat. Anyone want copies of these
taken from my original negs they are $9 each. Not sure if those early Javvies had sail
panel plugs or not, and I don't think Jim Nabors knew.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com