Re: [BaadAssGremlins] engine swaps

My 258/4bbl/cam/head work/headers 74 Gremmie X does pretty good on the street. Looking for a little more but not sure what. Hope to dyno this summer.

Hal, Lost in Wichita Falls, TX

From: Ron Roberts <holo_ron@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, April 28, 2011 1:50:02 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] engine swaps

Love this discourse!
I decided to warm up my 258 since the S-10 V6 I had kinda available would have only given me a .1L advantage for all the grief the swap would have cost.  I am considering a lot of the tips in a publication I got when I bought my (2nd) Gremlin: "21stCentury Turbo" by Dick Dotson, who features in it AMC prehistory from the Stude V8 built by Barney Navarro at Indy earlier on, going on to several constructs of the '80s and all in great detail. His coverage of various AMC, Stude and Buick V6's has lots of photos and diagrams plus engine specs and recommendations seem very complete and I'd hope some of you that read this could comment as to the validity.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett (Diggers)