Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Doug headers for Gremlin V8

In my case, the Grem came w/a 232 3-spd and I had some motor mounts made for it (kept the 6-cyl crossmember. The one thing in my car that worries me is the utter lack of clearance between the steering (column) linkage and the stock driver-side exhaust manifold.

BTW, I was under the same impression so far as the part number was concerned.

From: bob <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, April 22, 2011 4:43:46 PM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Doug headers for Gremlin V8

Correct, they don't specifically have a listing for Gremlin when you look up Dougs Headers, but if you look up all the other header brands,, the part number for a dog leg port header is the same for Jav, Gremlin, Hornet, AMX.. SO, I took a chance that by ordering the set of Dougs headers for a Jav,, it should work in the Grem. But I will find out for sure if they work this weekend, when I stuff them in the Grem.
Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ed Veneck <edveneck@...> wrote:

> I have looked at both Summit and Jegs and I can not find a listing for Dong Headers, that will fit a V8 Gremlin.  They have them for AMX and Javelin V8 chassis but no Gremlin.  Are these what you are using?  I know that the crossmember on these cars are differance from the Gremlin, and the engine bay is larger, on them also.
> Ed