Re: [BaadAssGremlins] re: Kids and Ramblers (long!)

Well said Terry!
Olly

From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:32:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] re: Kids and Ramblers (long!)

Just my2 cents worth I think the reason a lot of adults as well as kids don't get into AMC's especially the Gremlin's, Hornets and  Ramblers is the lack of places to buy parts especially body parts. . I have talk to a lot of guys who said they found a cheap AMC and thought this would be a good project for my kid. Then they start looking for sources of parts for them and seeing what few sources there are they pass on them. Then the number of people that buy one because it was cheap then start working on them and give up because it is too much trouble finding parts. I was parked next to a guy with a 57 Pontiac and ask him how hard it was to find parts for it. He open his trunk and handed me three catalogs with ever part you wanted for it. Ask the same question to a guy about an original Model T pick up. He said he can get every part on the car in 24 hours. If you want a 1964 Thu I think 73 Mustang there is a local guy here that has ever part you want and 99% of them are in stock. For a price he will be glad to put them on for you. Then if you want a brand new 64-73 give him 8 weeks and he will deliver you one made from the parts in his shop. He will guarantee you that every bolt, nut and piece of wire in the car is exactly like an original if you can find one that isn't he will buy the car back from you and give you a 25% bonus. Now you tell me where do I buy that new hood, fender bumper, gas tank and you name it for my 78Gremlin. You look like hell for it on the internet and pray that it is better than the one you took off after you get it.
Terry