[BaadAssGremlins] Re: astro spiral javelin film

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: astro spiral javelin film

Dan asked me about what the canter is or was on bottom of the axle, my reply was:
Hell, I wonder what the piece flying off the Javelin during the jump was! Looks like lower
control arm, maybe hose, or midget AMC worker in one shot, I had to rewind it several
times never did figure it out. Sometimes I look at stuff like this and wonder why they
didn't wait until spring or summer, why try any of this in frozen dead of winter. I am not
sure what the thing is, caster, you mention, but my guess, and that is all it is, was
probably a piece of steel welded in so when car hit opposite ramp, this helped stabilized
rear for smoother landing. At least for rear, looks like they used lots of sheetmetal as
mentioned. I have stills of the event on my site, including driver Chick Galliano behind
wheel:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/72_astrocar.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/72_astro_jump.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/72_astro_spiral_high.jpg

there were 66,000 people packed into the dome. Sure miss the dome, it is still there but
sort of abandoned now.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx