[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [AMC-list] This one makes me angry + pie in the sk

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [AMC-list] This one makes me angry + pie in the sky

While not everyone's cup of Nash tea this might have been, like many hot rods, pulled out
of some barn or field and brought back to life in the state you see there. Worth noting is
it mentions ground up restoration, and that the body is steel...and lead, hard to find
anyone that works with lead nowadays unless Chinese making toys.

Just a few weeks ago we were putting on sunglasses in the 'OH WHAT THE GD HELL? thread on
this Javelin:

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-AMC-Javelin-w-Blaster-Kit-Custom-Paint-NO-RES-/170590367243?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b7fa6e0b#v4-36while off several sites here I mentioned that a 47 Ford Truck sold for $800,000http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/car-and-truck-talk/130489-1947-ford-truck-sells-800-000-a.html(if link breaks, google 'ford truck sells for $800,000' )while this is one of the oldest files on my site called 'altered amcs'http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/altered_amcs.htmof which needs to be updated I guess as there are no more American Motors built vehiclesin the Houston huge pick a parts www.houstonpickapart.com  yards.....they vanished about 5years ago like someone turned light switch off...and well ran dry. Not even any last genEagles, Spirits, nothing , price of steel went up in 2003 or so and everything gotcrushed.Back to the Nash, looks like guy did nice job, but again, not everyone's cup of tea, and Iwould bet maybe handful of!
  Nashes like that are even still in existence, so I'm happy tosee it still around no matter what under hood, I'll just admire the fine lines of thevehicle I guess!Side note: just got off phone with folks doing the big LA AMC meet and commented on how noNash people show up...there are variety of factors there though on WHY they don't show up,age, don't want to put car on road, dead, no Nashes left running, ect.....Eddie Stakes713.464.8825eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: [AMC-list] This one makes me angry + pie in the skyFrank wrote:I don't know... it's not bad for a street rod. I'd assume the body was just a shell whenhe got it considering the extent of the mods. If this had been a restored or good originalNash that was cut up I'd be a bit ticked about it, but if it was a basket case with majorparts missing or damaged, well...I do have to agree that the $50K price tag is pie-in-the-sky" fodder though. The car isn'tthat badly executed, but !
 it doesn't have a well thought out, integrated look to it either.Most
street rods like this run in the $20-30K range all day. This is a Nash, which isdifferent/"rare", but that doesn't add much to value -- more of a selling point.about Andrew's comments:From: Andrew BlomerI never get online enough to participate in any discussions, but this one has me up inarms.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1933-Nash-Ambassador-Cabrolet-Street-Rod-/270699764240?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f06f69a10I'm not all that familiar with older Nashs, but this one is so screwed up I wouldn't haveknown it was one. Ontop of that he thinks the thing is worth at least 50 grand.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)