[BaadAssGremlins] re: What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

[BaadAssGremlins] re: What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

I got a ticket, actually two of them, Saturday, drove down to Kirkwood @ I-10 to get
donuts for the kids and was coming back east on I-10 and at intersection of I-10 &
Wilcrest Houston Police had set up a "seat belt detail" that is sting where they wait
under turnaround and look at people to see if seat belts connected. They also walk out
into traffic looking when light is red, so light was red and cop came up to driver side of
car and told me to back up. So backed up and pulled under bridge, he got my driver
license, but I didn't have insurance card, hell, didn't have pockets or shoes on either
much less undewear (or AMC logoed thong, story for another day as I hear the crowd running
from room) but he walked to one of the police cars and came back with ticket that was pre
filled out!

They have more tickets than I have NOS AMC literature (cases) of tickets already filled
out! He said he was giving me ticket for no insurance and no seat belt. I was strunned. I
signed it and drove off, didn't bother to show him I had my seat belt connected......it is
LAP BELT and the shoulder harness was optional you know so three point harness.

I did ask for judge trial, as already have taken photos of the seat belt, hooked,
unhooked, me sitting in there with it buckled, and photo of Bessie to show judge...and
pulled out policy to show judge also, pain in ass to drive downtown on a Friday night and
sit around but 95% chance it will be dismissed like last time 20 years ago. I even wore
same boxers was wearing when pulled over for photos.

The cops don't realize many of our old cars have lap belts and shoulder harness was
optional and uncomfortable, they simply look for the "strap over chest" as in this case,
and last time 20 years ago with my old 68 AMX Red Death which didn't HAVE shoulder
harnesses in it (early build).

Later that day, worked on the 74 Sportabout putting on passenger side mirror, didn't have
time to install new AMC AM/FM/8track player though, and put anti freeze in the 77 AMX,
that Hornet above, 72 Ambassador, 81 Eagle, 82 Eagle, 82 Concord, 88 Eagle, 74 AMX, 74
Javelin, did I miss any? As it is supposed to freeze here this week. The Hornet & Concord
have some blaster hot heaters in them, the 82 Eagle & 72 Ambassador disconnected long ago.
Have core for Ambo just have not put it in, will wait to do that when repaint it this year
sometime.

Am considering painting the 81 Eagle, that is the 4cyl, 4spd, I keep hearing gas might be
$5 a gallon this year, and it gets 29mpg at least that is what the brochure says, more
like 25mpg, but super gas mileage on it, as opposed to say, the 68 Rebel convertible
'Machine' or SC/360 which likes to frequent Houston gas pumps and neighborhoods and
blends.

So sort of worked on 'all' of them including the Big Bad Orange 69 Javelin which stuffed
more parts into, and pulled a few more things off the 74 maxi blue AMX parting out which
sort of counts.

Have a 68 Ambassador coming in this month also like I need another car, after 22 years,
hard to get creative hiding the cars from Paige, that old 'honey looked what followed me
home can I keep it' sh*t don't fly, so sometimes put in back yard, cover with car cover
and put something on car cover like hubcap or spoiler hoping she don't notice and if she
says 'was that there last week' I tell her have another adult beverage.

Hope everyone having a good 2011 so far, have to go it has been long weekend,
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com