From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, November 9, 2010 9:03:12 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 1977 Gremlin

On the exhaust leak, if it is from manifold back, any Mieneke or Midas can fix it. If it is the manifold itself, tougher to do, but I have fixed some with Liquid steel thru years and one, my 82 Eagle, was done 9 years ago and still no issues. Good advise on the stripe kits, everyone seems to have a damned laser printer now, even homeless guy under I-10 bridge with 6 pit bulls tied to grocery cart, I stopped there at red light last week and asked him to hook em up with white stripe kit for 68-69 Go Pack AMX he said 'come back in hour and bring Schlitz'. So shop around for best price on that. I have also used Phoenix Graphics and was impressed on how easy to install, as have some stripe kits from big vendors that were pain in ass to put on, possibly because those sat on shelf for God only knows how long.

There are a lot of parts that interchange on that 77 Gremlin with 70-78 Gremlin, 70-77 Hornet and 78-83 Concord also. The windshield for instance, I needed one for my 74 Sportabout I am finishing up right now and it was $100 new here in Houston (Discount Auto Glass Hiway 59 @ Hillcroft).

Richard Estemeyer on my VENDORS list (bookmark it if you have not already)

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/AMC_Vendors/amc_vendors.htm

is parting out something like 15-20 Grem/Horn/Spir/Conc Series up in MI.

Also, I think he is member here but Mike Lakin out in NV is parting out slew of cars also, go to www.craigslist.org and search for NEVADA, then RENO, then AMC and numerous of his ads come up, good guy to deal with he hooked me up with Eagle spring perch and some trims recently for the Sportabout.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com