[BaadAssGremlins] Subject: AMX in the news/ popular science 1966

[BaadAssGremlins] Subject: AMX in the news/ popular science 1966

Regarding this:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=lykDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA185&dq=%22Popular+Science+Dec+1966%22&hl=en&ei=6TfXTNu9BMSyngeoktjRCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=book-thumbnail&resnum=1&ved=0CDAQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

maybe AMC decided SST name would create interest in their new lineup, check out the SST
plane article in page 101.

I enjoyed reading about the Pearl Harbor mini subs. On page 101 there is a 'simulated head
on crash' at 62mph from a car dropped from crane! At least it was not AMC vehicles, but
interesting to see, now....you see all sorts of crash tests in actual vehicle commercials
as they promote safety, side air bags and more.

To see how things change, on page 109 is a list of television makers in 1966, count how
many are American made....I don't think any televisions made in USA anymore though.

On page 122 is a article about "I'd Like To See Them Make" which is neat.....I wonder how
many of those got made?

Arnold Palmer in back pages, damn.......look how young he is, the ads are great and bring
back lots of memories, now want to go get Joe Weiderman weightlifting kit and crank up a
jar of sea monkeys. I used to go thru the 'money making opportunities' in back of these
things, along with the large amount of comic books used to buy back then.

Great article on slot car racing also on cover, there was a big place here at corner of
Wilcrest and Harwin that used to have slot car racing, had a number of tracks inside,
really neat setup too a few years ago, you pay your fee to enter and can race on a variety
of tracks some of them were 15 feet long and 10 feet across, hills, crossovers, just fun
stuff although some hardcore people took it a little too seriously, if you won, it was
like winning air hockey, yawn. But like all hobbies, was neat to see different generation
enjoy the slot cars, not sure if that place still open however.

Thanks to whoever posted this article originally about AMX, sure brought back some neat
memories.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx