Re: [BaadAssGremlins] goodbye pontiac

Don't forget to say goodbye to Mercury too and the old standby rear wheel full size Ford Victoria is gone too. RIP.
Terry

From: Tom H <bigrigbear@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, November 3, 2010 7:35:54 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] goodbye pontiac

Interesting story Eddie.

GM cant be blamed for killling the brand, the preceding several mis-managers
had doomed the brand.  As with Olds, it was ignored to death and poor market placement.The Holden GTO is actually a pretty sweet ride but it also looks like a blander Grand Am - nothing said "We Build Excitement" and it was expensive to boot.
AMC was innovative and took chances. It had to. Car and Driver once said they brought out the Pacer on the same budget Chevy used to design ashtrays!
Pontiac stopped doing that.  Remember the 1/2 a 389 V8 fourbanger Tempest with a "rope" driveline and rear transaxel?  I had one.  Different, daring, risky. How about the 1st modern OHC 6?  8 lug brake-unified wheels.  My uncle got a 4sp/389 tripower in a 4 dr family Catalina - give em what they want.