[BaadAssGremlins] Re: NEw to the group!

WOW! What a response guys....

as far as the radiator cap, it is brand new, and is keeping 13 psi as it should...

the radiator is NOT the one that came with the car, I bought it second hand from a guy locally who is into hornets and such. it was a little bigger than the first one i got with the car, so I figured it was for a larger straight 6 (258?) it also has fittings for trans cooler lines (which my car has none)

I seriously thinking that even tho i see flow thru the radiator, it could be partially pluggedup.

I dont even want to think about a head gasket, and it shows no signs of a bad head gasket... no smoke EVER, (not even from valve guide seals)

and no chocolate milk for anti-freeze...

this being said, I DO hope that all this boils down to needing the radiator hot tanked and re-done professionally, and the missing fan shroud.

thank you so much for the warm welcome and the quick shot of advice...

Thank you,

Paul J. Theurer

R.O.A. Member # 12474
A.M.O. Member # 9970

1971 AMC Hornet Sportabout Wagon
1972 Buick Riviera
1993 Chevy C3500

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry Atkins <twa1950@...> wrote:

> Really when mine blew it never ran hot but it did smoke. I guess a month before
> it blew completely I notice a little white smoke like vapor coming out of my
> tailpipe but after it warmed up it went away. Then one morning I had a doctors
> appointment and it started smoking like crazy. I wouldn't rule out a head gasket
> it very well could have  one blown. I still think I would go with the radiator
> first though. The car is almost 40 years old and has sat for 26 years. It
> wouldn't be a bad investment to go ahead and replace it anyway. If it turned out
> to be a head gasket I would go ahead and have the head redone or at least check
> out while I had the car apart. I would think after sitting that long at the very
> least the valve stem seals could use replacing. Just my thoughts.
> Terry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: