[BaadAssGremlins] 68-69 American Air AMX Javelin dash overlay

[BaadAssGremlins] 68-69 American Air AMX Javelin dash overlay

Looks like a Gonk robot from star Wars, but this is what AMC shoved in your dash if you
had dealer installed American Air. Thin plastic with three vents, and had cloth for
speaker cover. While some UAW worker was getting paid max wages to make this contraption,
amazingly enough the American Air setup like this would blow your butt (and freeze it too)
out of the car, it to me seemed a superior AC system than factory AC AMC had, the fan
actually cooled the car, not like factory air where you have to choose what you want
cooled with 2 vents: head/torso, head/crotch, head/passenger, crotch & passenger crotch
while rest of you sweat. So figured someone might want this for possibly use as a
reproduction mule or make some customs dash piece for hobby perhaps.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-AMX-Javelin-dash-overlay-68-69-American-Air-dealer-/330472428058?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf1b1121a

I have 71-74 whole American Air system here somewhere, it is like big suitcase end to end
under dash for AMX & Javelin. You can find some photos of these in Group 15 catalogs.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com