[BaadAssGremlins] re: concord won't start

[BaadAssGremlins] re: concord won't start

Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Concord won't start

Several things you might check is:
if the coil has a 'slide on' cap, make sure that is making good contact, can't tell you
how many times I have had trouble starting due to the cap two metal pieces not making
solid contact to coil.

Check the nuetral safety switch on top of your steering column, this could be loose or not
aligned, it is only held on by two 1/4 screws. If you loosen it all the way and it drops
down, then stick screwdriver in it and push it forward (where the metal rod would go) to
start and see if this starts and stays running, if so, then it simply either needs to be
replaced or lined up when you put it back on column.

Damn, jusr realized Dave already mentioned this, sometimes I'm Rambler slow, sometimes
Rambler slow with no rims. Advantage Dave.

I can't tell you how many times above has been issue simply due to age, and vibration
shaking it loose or as he mentioned, rod is bent. You can easily straighten the rod.

Also check distributor cap.....go buy a new one oif have not done so already.

And if car has points or condensor, you might want to check condensor, as if these go
south, sometimes they will cause car to start, run, then die or not start at all.

One more thing, on the solenoid, make sure all connectors are good, my wife had 78 Concord
(the Sunshine Yellow wagon that was later washed away in Katrina) but the little copper
connectors might appear good (boots) but copper inside shot so have to replace them,
cutting and replace them. She had similiar problem and one of the boots.....was bad. I cut
it and wire was green from age, but looked great on sheath outside!

Good luck,

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx