Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Camshaft selection for an 401

I run a 520/542 lift cam in my 401 Javelin and I am not crazy about it for my brakes are not working as well as the vac. is a little low. We are going to try a Comp cams 292 magnum in the Gremlins 401 as soon as we get a chance to swap the 370 out as I spun a bearing in it a couple of weeks ago.Only other rough idle cam I have ever run in a 401 was an Isky 550 magnum -Way too much ! wish I could help more. Rick

--- On Mon, 8/23/10, Ed Veneck <edveneck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Ed Veneck <edveneck@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Camshaft selection for an 401
To: "Gremlin list" <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, August 23, 2010, 10:50 AM

I was wondering what others AMC'ers with V8's are running for a camshaft.  I would like to have something that is streetable, but also has a healthy idle to it.  I am also planning on running power brakes so I need to consider that also.  The engine will be running 8.5 to 1, a set of Hookers header, and a Torker intake with a 850cfm double pumper carb.

Thanks
Ed