From: mrmopar00@xxxxxxxxx <mrmopar00@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm looking for a 401 block
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 9:53 PM

Are all 8 cylinders bad?
Olly

From: Ed Veneck <edveneck@yahoo. com>
Sender: BaadAssGremlins@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 19:49:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: Gremlin list<BaadAssGremlins@ yahoogroups. com>
ReplyTo: BaadAssGremlins@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm looking for a 401 block [4 Attachments]

I bought a 401 a few years back from a guy on ebay, and finally got around to tearing it down the other day.   The think is in bad shape (see photos). Had to knock the pistons out.  Took it to the machine shop and he told me that with the cylinders being rusted as bad as they are, they would not clean-up even at .060" over.  The crank and rods are still good, so I'm on the look-out for a buildable block.  If anyone knows of one, let me know.
Ed