From: bldfw <bldfw@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] AC Related Stuff
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010, 3:23 PM

Well, after several years of it just sitting there whining for me to do something, I'm restarting work on my '72 restoration.

I'm about to load it up on the trailer and take it to a suspension shop to have the replacement springs installed as well as the cross pieces. From there it's to the sunroof store where I had them cut a hole 2 years ago and never got back to finish the job. (and I know it's not going to be a proper restoration....it's going to be a "for ME" restoration!). I opted for the biggest electric sunroof the roofline could handle.

In the meantime, I'm cleaning interior parts and have a question on the AC coil box. It's pretty dirty and it used to be covered with a foam that with age is now dust barely holding itself together. What is a suitable replacement material?....or do I even need to replace it??. I suppose it had something to do with keeping condensation in check.

Suggestions??

Thanks guys!

Bill
72 AMC Gremlin (gutted, painted and ready to rebuild)