[BaadAssGremlins] 70 Javelin roof spoiler

[BaadAssGremlins] 70 Javelin roof spoiler

Hi and yes, the Breedlove, or "MOD" roof spoiler that appeared in mid 1969........here are
some ads off my site.....

Big Bad Orange Javelin ad

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/69_big_bad_javelin_ad.jpg

MOD Javelin ad from California dealer

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/69_MOD_javelin_ave.jpg

rare Chicago Auto Show article

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/AMC_Javelin_Chicago_autoshow.jpg

Dealer's flyer and information

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/big_bad_release.jpg

late 1968 AMC press photos

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/69_BBO.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/69_MOD_javelin.jpg

Somewhere here I have a actual dealer bulletin letting dealers know that "you can't get a
roof spoiler on a Donohue Javelin" chances are like other memos, dealers ignored it and
would gladly put one on for the $$$ale.......but yes, the roof spoiler was unique to only
1969-70 Javelins. And you could opt out of different aspects of the MOD package. My 69 Big
Bad Orange Javelin here, 98K miles....is a "base" (795 series) has roof spoiler, simulated
exhausts and NO twin hood scoops. I passed on a 69 Big Bad Blue Javelin last year which
was a original 232-six.....yet had roof spoiler, simulated exhausts and well, twin hood
scoops, go figure. Somewhere else on my site, darned if I know where is a photo of a 70
Bittersweet Orange Javelin I owned in 1980s....factory 304/AT/column shift, and roof
spoiler. No simulated exhausts, and regular Javelin base hood. Neat driver!

I may add that if any of you have ever dismantled a 69-70 Javelin with roof spoiler, it is
the biggest hack job ever seen behind the sail panels, looks like shears, pliers and
hammer and drill did the job, I guess no one thought later down line people like us
restoring the cars. Biggest hack job on a AMC? That is easy, the 77 AMX Targa Band across
the roof, whoever the company that put those on for AMC (along with the flairs) up in
Milwaukee should be shot. Every 77 AMX I have removed the Targa from they company
obviously had trouble fitting it, especially the aluminum band that slides between wafer
thin plastics....and they drilled extra holes in roof to "make it fit" and some of the
holes were plugged with putty, while others left alone. The ones left alone. When it would
rain, or wash car, water would come in onto the headliner. Who would know after all no one
could see under the Targa anyways unless removed........If I remember....will take photos
of this 69 BBO Javelin with MOD roof spoiler when I remove the sail interior panels.

And since I ended up with the 77 304 AMX from the Ed Hooper Collection, it has partial
right side of Targa band SAWED OFF....and will never know why, but yes, few extra holes
staring at me, will have to post some pix on my site of that!

tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx asked:
So according to the "Happiness Map" the roof spoiler was an option for 1970
also? Up 'till now I thought that was only an option for '69.

Troy

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx