[BaadAssGremlins] RE: scam **AMC AMX 390 4-SPEED 1968 ** - $4500 ebay re

[BaadAssGremlins] RE: scam **AMC AMX 390 4-SPEED 1968 ** - $4500 ebay reply

Since the scammer mentioned 'the transaction had to be done thru ebay' figured ebay might
want to know, not that it matters, I knew would get the canned reply from autobot anyhows!
Most of this is common sense stuff, however two stick out like sore thumb below! "- Never
use a link in an email to log into your eBay account." Well duh! And: "- Be careful about
buying high-priced items, especially if the price
seems too good to be true. " Brings this fellow to mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBydH93eDY

Hello,

Thanks for telling us about the suspicious message you received.

That message is not a genuine Second Chance Offer, Best Offer, Want It
Now, or Buy It Now message. It's a fraudulent email from someone who's
trying to sell you an item outside of eBay.

You can always tell by checking the My Messages section in My eBay. If
an offer is legitimate, you'll find a copy of it there. Also, genuine
offers never tell you to email the seller at a different email address.

Tips for Staying Safe Online

- Make sure your user ID is completely different from your email
address. Often, the way crooks obtain a member's email address is by
guessing that it's similar to the member's user ID.

- Be suspicious of emails with the subject line "Message from eBay
Member." We don't use that subject line.

- Never use a link in an email to log into your eBay account.

- Don't respond to any email that asks you to complete a purchase
outside of eBay. Off-eBay transactions pose a serious risk of fraud, and
they're not eligible for eBay services such as Feedback, requests for
contact information, or PayPal Buyer Protection. For more information,
go to:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

- Be careful about buying high-priced items, especially if the price
seems too good to be true.

- Don't pay for items with cash or cash wire transfers, such as Western
Union or MoneyGram. If something goes wrong, it's hard to get your money
back. For more information on paying confidently, go to:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/methods.html

Thanks again for reporting this email and helping us keep eBay and
PayPal safe.
Sincerely,
eBay Trust & Safety Team

===scam amx from craigslist===