[BaadAssGremlins] re: warning craigslist amx scam Great Deal**1968 AMC 3

[BaadAssGremlins] re: warning craigslist amx scam Great Deal**1968 AMC 3904-SPEED - $4500

What was it... 2-3 years ago? Someone collected deposits from three different people on an
AMX, one may have paid in full, then found out it was a scam when they went to pick it up.
Scammers actually put the owners address in the ad and took pics of the car in front of
his house! Someone looked up the owners phone number and called him, that's how they
discovered the scam after the fellow stopped replying to e-mail regarding a pick-up time
and place... after collecting money...

and:

$4500 seems to be the price every spammer sets on ads like these. It's
become so widespread, especially on CL, that I now automatically ignore
any car for sale classifieds with an asking price of $4500.

I believe it was about 5-7 years ago on the above. For awhile there seems there was ebay
scammer amx of the week award! One of the most 'momorable' (unfortunately, my words) was a
Bittersweet Orange 69 AMX that popped up and hidden in the text of the auction on ebay was
'getting divorced, want $4500' for it, while auction was live and was quickly approaching
$4500. They had email and phone number in auction in case 'anyone wanted to ask them about
the car' of course, several AMCers, 4 in all, 'bought' the car, for $4500. I decided to
call the number and a guy answered, rather angry, as he had already had numerous calls. He
told me he never like AMC and could not tell difference between Gremlin or AMX and he was
livid someone had give out his wofe's phone number in NM, he didn't have a AMC, and I
mentioned to hi the auction of which he didn't know about, even with the calls, seems the
ones calling were trying to arrainge transportation for the truck to pick up!

Ebay shut it down, but too late. The scammer had already made $18,000 total off four
people who jumped the gun, and thought they were getting deal of lifetime. Too bad.

To Dan who mentions the $4500 figure, it is usually between $4500 and $6500 and not sure
why. Have seen Mopars, Mustangs, Camaros you name it with same scam, photos lifted from
legit site, many times text also, same price range!
====================
Now if you excuse me this just came in and this $21.5 million dollars my humble, honorable
friend wishes to share with me is waiting, so I can buy all 6 1970 AMX/3s! I just wished
THEY WOULD USE ALL CAPS LIKE THIS as most rich people do! Sigh.

Greetings my beloved, April 22nd, 2010

I am Mr John Jones, I am 66 years old and am suffering from a long
time  cancer of the Lungs that has affected me so bad and my condition
is getting worst daily and has gotten to a severe stage that  need
surgery operation to correct some complications.
I had no child, so there is no one to give my property, the once i
gave to my family to give it out to charity homes they did not fulfill
my wish, so i am contacting you for this last wealth i have with the security Compnay,
when My doctor  told me that I may not live much more longer as a
result of the  sickness and old age,i got scared about what he told me, So I now
decided to use the wealth in helping the poor and charity.I selected you after my fervent
 prayers and fasting as God revealed to
  me for this purpose, I have a total sum of $21.500,000.00 Million US
Dollars Deposited in a security company, and i am wishing to give it out for
charity and help the poor and take 30% from the money and give it to
your family,I will be most grateful to hear from you with your personal
information to enable me forward them to the security company and i
will send you all information i need to contact them along with the deposit
document for confirmation of my new beneficiary :

1. Your Name and Address
2. Your Occupation
3. Marital Status
4. Sex and Age
5. Phone/Fax

In receiving your information i will instruct the security company to
process the release/transfer to your account as my final and true
beneficiary to my money and issue you my deposit certificate and a letter of
authority to claim the fund. Email me on my address
jjthunderbird101@xxxxxxxxxx

May almighty God, bless you and family, Yours truly,
Mr John Jones.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: