[BaadAssGremlins] Re: warning craigslist amx scam Great Deal**1968 AMC A

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: warning craigslist amx scam Great Deal**1968 AMC AMX 3904-SPEED - $4500

My humble and honorable friend! Ironically this just was in this morning's newspaper here and touches on Nigerian scams. And as you mention, the old tired trade of sending someone X amount of check and they cash it and send back Y amount for 'expenses' or usually with old cars 'shipping the vehicle'

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6969719.html

I moved the old scammers of the $4500 AMX up to top of the 'ebay & craigslist scams' on my site,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Shut_Up_Files/ebay_old_car_scammers.htm

if it prevents one AMCer or a old car owner from getting taken before msn terminates the scam email account, or craigslist shuts down their ads by a REAL HUMAN (ain't making that up, the canned craigslist auto reply is below!) but maybe help someone from getting taken...here is craigslist reply:

Thank you for contacting craigslist. Your message will be reviewed by a
human as soon as possible.

Please review the following information for specific instructions on how
to proceed.

** CRIME REPORT *****************************************

Please report any suspected criminal activity to local law enforcement,
and ask that they contact us for assistance in their investigation.
Please flag criminally suspicious postings using the "prohibited" link.

** CHILD EXPLOITATION OR HUMAN TRAFFICKING **************

Please report any suspected instance of child exploitation or
human trafficking to the appropriate authorities immediately,
contact information is available here:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/exploitation_of_minors

We work closely with these agencies, and they will contact us to
investigate your report further.

** HARRASSMENT ******************************************

Provide as much detail as possible (including post ID numbers for relevant
ads) for issues involving personal harassment. Flag harrassment postings
using the "prohibited" link.

** REQUESTS FOR RELEASE OF CRAIGSLIST POST DATA *********

Please direct all requests for information about craigslist posts to
"legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

** SCAMS AND FRAUD **************************************

Most questions about scams and fraud are answered here:

http://www.craigslist..org/about/scams.html

Please flag fraudulent postings using the "prohibited" link.

** SPAM AND OVERPOSTING *********************************

Please use the "spam" flag link in the top right corner of a spam posting.

We are working to curtail spam messages. If you receive a spam email,
please report it to the email provider, e.g. if the spam email comes
from a "gmail.com" address, send your report to "abuse@xxxxxxxxx".

** YOUR POSTING FLAGGED DOWN OR REMOVED BY STAFF ********

Help is available from other craigslist users here:

http://forums.craigslistorg/?forumID=3

** DISPUTE WITH ANOTHER CRAIGSLIST USER *****************

Contact local consumer mediation services, local or state consumer affairs
agencies, or law enforcement for assistance. craigslist does not have any
role in transactions and cannot assist in settlement of disputes.

** The Internet Crime Complaint Center *****************

http://www.ic3.gov/

Help pages:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/