RE: [BaadAssGremlins] warning craigslist amx scam Great Deal**1968 AMC A

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] warning craigslist amx scam Great Deal**1968 AMC AMX 390 4-SPEED - $4500

Here is another scammer to watch out for:

Rich Durante
twinrichyd
twinrich@xxxxxxx

Amp Auto Repair
1890 Richmond Terrace
Staten Island, NY 10302

Ebay member twinrichyd bought a T-10 from me.  I had in the auction that it was local pickup or that I would take it to the UPS store for pack and ship and that the buyer would have to call them direct to pay the pack and ship – no hidden fees or guessing on the pack and ship – the buyer would only be charged the exact amount – well he said he wanted to save money and he convinced me to just wrap it in cardboard for him, which I did - and he had FEDEX pick it up at my home.  He stated he had done this several times with similar items and the transmission would be fine – that it is cast iron.  Well, even though the transmission is made out of cast iron it was not fine and did not arrive to him undamaged.  FedEx mishandled it and broke a mounting ear off of it.  Since it was just wrapped in cardboard and did not meet their packing requirements they denied the insurance claim even though they really had to mishandle it to break the cast iron mounting ear off.  He then went back on his word of accepting the consequences of having it just wrapped in cardboard and tried to extort $150.00 from me to keep him from filling a Paypal dispute/claim.  Because he paid with Paypal it is a big mess.  Save yourself the hassle and either do not sell to this member or be very cautious when dealing with him or any other buyer - if accepting Paypal you have to send your package insured (and remember, most shippers have so many hidden clauses that unless they pack it they do not want to pay the insurance - even if it is damaged by them) and is best to use a company that offers the pack and ship promise and it must be sent signature receipt confirmation if it is over $250.00 (unless of course you want all the issues of not protecting yourself).  Good luck with your dealings.

-Mike

Michael Lakin

2615 Sorensen Road

Fallon, NV. 89406