[BaadAssGremlins] (unknown)

I could use some help from the group. The weather in Mi has sucked the life out of my paint on the top,hood  shooting with close match 0r maybe a simaliar 2 tone  It is a non stock  silver I assume it is enamel as was painted when I got it.  Paint is dull and checked pretty bad, Thought about sanding it down. use a filler primer,and paint it a similar color or hitting it a little darker ( 2} tone,  as silver would require magic to match it.  Don't know how deep the checking is . should I just keep sanding? There is NO rust on the car , giving a couple paint chips that will be fixed also.Sides are mildly checked also but shine like new paint..  What to do guys