[BaadAssGremlins] re: rarity, salesmanship, ads

[BaadAssGremlins] re: rarity, salesmanship, ads

A fellow AMCer & me were discussing restoration projects and it came to mind Rocky Lear
mentioned the other day on the amc-list that "it would depend on how slick of a salesman
one might be" which got me thinking about some of those great old press photos on my site,
worth mentioning and showing again AMC's 'creative salesmen & women' thru the decades:

1940s

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/nash_drums.jpg

1950's

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/53_nash_winners.jpg

1960's

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/65_rambler_carlot.JPG

1970's James Bond

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/74_james_bond.jpg

1980's

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/82_walker_bros_amc.jpg

which originally started with this about a SC/360 clone, then rolled into Matador
Machine.......
and rarity of a 67 Rogue with 290V8, over this vehicle if ad is still live:

Subject: [AMC-list] SC/360 (parts) or clone? you decide.
NOT mine!

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1659125531.html

To which in a backed up soviet bread line of emails here when Randy & me were talking
about
rarity and "salesmanship" he sent me these, fo whihc I have seen before, but still enough
make me drop a bucket of cajun steamin crawdads:

http://www.redlinemusclecars.com/carinfo.asp?xid=10046

I guess it would need most the sheet metal replaced since most ISN'T there...sorry if I am
a simpleton.

http://www.redlinemusclecars.com/carinfo.asp?xid=10037

"needs a little work to be a great car"

My thoughts is it is a bucket all right!

http://www.redlinemusclecars.com/carinfo.asp?xid=10007&showpic=1

but someone out there probably wants it........

and on that note, when I went today to get a rake at Home Depot in my 72 Ambassador SST
wagon,
off to the side of garden area was a silver, rusty, but looked good from 20 feet, mid 70s
Ventura, sort of Nova looking thing. I am guessing the owner is a Houston Community
College student, and after I came out of store, wrote on my receipt that "hi, not sure if
it is for
sale or not, but if you get to the Brittmoore Ice House on Brittmoore about 2 miles from
here, there is similiar/same car as your's sitting behind place, might want to check into
it,
and good luck' of which was the old car thing to do I guess.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com