[BaadAssGremlins] Re: teages first gremlin pilot car feb 1970..

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: teages first gremlin pilot car feb 1970..

 hi eddie did you get my e mail in need of a hornet insert for my clone and theres the hood scoop i bought from you and yes Moyer was here to look at the grrremlin he would indeed would like to add it to his collection my e mail uneedittwo48239@xxxxxxxxx

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> A quick comment here. Somewhere on my site is Dick Teague's 73 Gremlin that was pulled off
> the line, and modified. The back 1/2 of the car is fiberglass, has Matador coupe tail
> lights and wrap around windows. It was in a NY museum and ended up at classic car place
> here in Houston, for $2500. I should have bought it but no room in 1988. It is now in
> hands of Moyer who also owns the Voyager Gremlin.
>
> http://www.gremlinx.com/images/gremli19.jpg
>
> I have photos of it here, inside and out, would have to find them in album, but they are
> probably already on my site.
>
> A 72 pre production AMX was built...in April 1971...months before actual production; it
> was used to make a series of changes, especially interior in the design department. The
> console, glovebox and lower dash areas are all made of plaster, common then, sometimes
> clay. You will find plaster on Teague's two seat 71 AMX also if you ever get to see it at
> big national meets.
>
> A number of the Randall Gremlin's from Mesa, AZ Randall American AMC that were modified
> with 401s originally began their lives with a six according to a relative of that
> legendary organization. While some site's mention that 'all the Randall cars started their
> lives with 304s' that is incorrect. Randall was stuffing Pacers with V8s also. And AMC got
> wind of it and off went a bunch of suits to check this out. And guess what? The following
> production year AMC ALSO started building Pacers with 304 V8s in Kenosha.
>
> These Gremlins were all built in late February 1970 thru March 1970 for the auto show
> circuit under Guy Hadsall Jr for instance:
>
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/70gremlinnyautoshow.JPG
>
> How many of them exist? Looks like at least one of them still out there, quite neat to see
> a uber early survivor of any model, or series AMC though.
>

> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com