[BaadAssGremlins] Eagle questions

I had a guy come in to work the other day and offered me an Eagle he wanted to sell.
It is a blue '85 wagon with 75k on its 6 banger and auto. He told me he bought it from the proverbial old lady and since then has put $3500 into it. He said it needed wiper linkage and he'd sell it to me for $1000. It has been stored most of its life and has hardly any rust.
I was wondering what anyone on the group thought if I should get it or not. I already have 3 other vehicles on the road, my Hornet, an F150 and a Buick Century. The Buick is is my daily driver and is getting tired so I am looking for a replacement. I was wondering what I would expect for mileage, since it would be my daily driver. I commute about 50 miles a day to work and back and travel between 15 and 20 thousand miles a year.
I just thought Id try the group for some input.      Thanks                              Luke