[BaadAssGremlins] pinto wagon & gremlin mini wagon

[BaadAssGremlins] pinto wagon & gremlin mini wagon

Earlier today I posted a trivia thing, some of ya'll are smart, others I ruined your day
because you now old and forget stuff like Tiger Woods forgetting wife's name. I happened
on this and remember these Pinto wagons new at the dealership near where I grew up in
Corpus Christi, Texas. There was big Lew Willams Chevrolet dealership on corner of Port &
Leopard, I believe some photos of this Jetson's like building are in Corpus Christi
archives, or might be able to google it, but what a beautiful building, used to sell a ton
of World's Finest chocolate bars to those salesmen, mechanics, me and brother Tommy had
run of whole dealership even though dad worked downtown at All American Motors (and
earlier at Andy Anders). Later I would skateboard on the roof with friends until security
guards would run us off.

Anyways, a few blocks down Leopard was Tradewind's Ford, was also called Charlie Thomas at
some point but these Pinto wagons with the little round window we thought were cool.
Didn't want to own one, just thought they were cool.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1575872317.html

Being teenagers most of us (except Mondo) thought about taking something like that to
Padre with our respective girlfriends and spend a few nights. Mondo probably have to stack
up on some magazines I guess.

I am not sure of how many of these were Pinto wagons were made but remember seeing about
5-10 of them at the Ford place on Leopard, most of them in silver, with big stripes I
believe the stripes were gold, orange and possibly black or purple. The only reason I
happened on this ad was it was mistakenly put in a AMC craigslist section, but thought
would share it.

One more thing, about the same time this car above was new, down in Galveston, Texas was a
AMC dealership called Frazzell's AMC. They sold a Gremlin called the 'Gremlin mini wagon'
which was not a wagon, just some metal badges attached to it, so nothing special except a
dealer 'package' I would guess. I parted out one years ago and have only seen 2 in my
life. If anyone wants to see the metal emblems I still have them in garage and can take
some photos of them. I do not have a photo, ad, anything on the 'Gremlin Mini Wagon'
Frazell's sold however that I know of.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx