Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 11.2 110MPH Datsun (non amc)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 11.2 110MPH Datsun (non amc)

Before everyone gets all upset, yes, it HAS a little something to do with AMC. We all know that AMC was well ahead of the curve in design, technology, and more! American Motors was experimenting with electric cars (alternative fuels) as far back as 1970!

Sure many of you have seen the electric Eagles that appeared in the 1980s, but few know of the electric Hornets. Here is a alternative fuel file buried on my site:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/electric_hornet.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/electric_hornet_2.JPG

eh, here is a Hydrogen powered Gremlin some of you recall

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/hydrogen_powered_gremlin_ebay.jpg

and at later date, will post photos of some of the propane (Hank Hill would be proud) but AMC built a number of 1975 Matador four doors that were gas.....and propane.....powered for utility companys here in Texas, some of them still around and come to shows,with big tank in trunk. Will have to post some photos of those when get chance.

Maybe none of the AMC alternative fuel cars would do 110mph however, but their miles per gallon was usually thru the roof, and have to give AMC some credit for experimenting in a time when no one wanted, nor cared, about 'flex fuels' or 'alternative fuels' or whatever type of spin word of the week is put on it!

There is a electric Eagle wagon for sale in one of the SUAD lists, the fellow who I think owns it, Gerry, might even be a member of some of these online lists.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com