Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Tomorrow's Colector Cars?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Tomorrow's Colector Cars?

I have mentioned this before also. At the Houston area Pick A Parts, it is 1000+ cars on any given day headed for scrap. In the 80s, AMC used to have it's own big row. Now the place is all imports, SUVs and trucks. Collectible to someone I guess judging by the parts, engines, trans and what not that come off them, but stuff some might deem collectible, me, I find the nearest Renault or Toyota to piss in, close the windows and let car sit in sun for whoever opens that car up next time will get urine blast.

This is what I sent to Dan Strohl of Hemming's Muscle Machines the other day when I mentioned the GA junkyard, he said it was in a blog on their site a year before however:
===================
That means I am rambler slow. Hopefully the folks selling off the stuff have been able to
move it. However, those photos in the link I just sent you are about month old, which (to
me!) is sad as I see lots of good, rare and salvagable parts still on many of the cars,
trim, lenses, sheetmetal, dash and interior soft and hard moldings. I look at it a lot
differently than most AMCers I guess having witnessed over 11,000 AMCs crushed here since
moving here in 1983 up until about 2002 when everything just vanished in junkyards. Pick a
parts used to have it's own AMC section! Usually 10-30 cars, which would last a month,
then more cars come in. Then no more AMC section, tossed them in with Mopars. Then simply
no more AMCs period, not at police, storage or salvage auctions (sometimes I would hit 2-3
of these a day and bid on cars) and well, any of the cars no one bought at auctions went
to the PYP yards and death row, about max 2 months before a memory. I guess the good part
is that if ya'll mentioned it 21 months ago, maybe not a 'time frame' like Mike's in NM,
or Pierson's (east LA) had where city or country came in, and you have X amount of time to
move it or crush it before McMansions built!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com