From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:52:44 -0500
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Franks Custom Fiberglass closes up shop

I honeslty don't know but sort of like AMC related. Long ago and far away, AMC decided to junk the dies to cast 1/4 panel for 68-70 AMX, I believe it was 1974. I don't recall specifics, but if you have ever seen some of the original dies they are rather huge and takes 18 wheelers to move them. Flash forward to late 80s and Mopar had the dies to do the 68-70 AMX & Javelin fenders, however one is they wanted $250,000 for them, and two, I don't believe the machinery still even existed to press them, so you would have these huge dies, but nothing to press them. They melted them down and sold for scrap for $800, sort of reverse, or perverse rambler mentality. If....(I honestly don't think it was still in existence) but if, the machnery still was around to use, and press fenders, Mopar could have made a limited run, say 200-500 fenders per side and easily sold them for $350 a pop and made some serious money, but easiler to take gov tax writeoff. But no, don't know if it was Mister Fiberglass.