Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Non-Gremlin but Javelin

Well it helps I work at the school and in the auto tech class some. They don't usually work on the classics but then the kids like mine and we put about $2500 in the Gremlin's 258 last year so the instructor likes it. The work on mine when there are no other cars to take care of, but they have half their class in the classroom and half in the shop with a morning and an afternoon class. Took us about 8 months to rebuild the 258 and get her running correctly and the clutch and brakes redone.

From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:35:40 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Non-Gremlin but Javelin

I know nothing about the breaks but your are lucky. I would love to find a school and hand my Gremlin over to them the first of Sept. and tell them I would pick it the first of May. They could do the body work and the interior work. I would be more than glad to pay for the material. Even thought it doesn't really need it they could rebuild the engine and transmission if they wanted to. Years ago almost every high school had a vocational school attached to it and they used to beg for cars. Their work was excellent when you got your car back. Trouble of it was for something as simple as a break job they could have your car for a couple of months. I know my uncle had a car painted by one it took them six months to paint the thing and he figured it cost about 1/2 the cost of what he could have gotten it done at a body shop. The thing looked better than a new car. Now the high schools all specialize in something and we only have one school that teaches auto repair. They quit taking individual cars. They said they had too many people who bring them their cars to them and when they told them it would be $500 and take three months to say paint a car the people would be happy. Then the telephone calls would come in saying they needed the car in a week and that they had talked to other people and the $500 was way too much that they could have gotten the car painted in a day by Earl Schribe for $99. So now a couple of auto dealerships gives them 3 or 4 cars at the beginning of the school year and furnish them all the parts and material to more or less rebuild them during the school year. He said about the only way they would do what I wanted was to sign the car over to them then after they re did it which could take two or three years they would have an auction and I could buy it back if I was the highest bidder. I said I would have to think about it. That has been years ago and I am still thinking about it. Yea right.
Terry