Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Papa's Johns Pizza Camero

I dont know -we  AMC lovers tend to be a thrify lot [cheap says the wife] so $25 is like a thou to a Chevy person.I am still deciding about a nice early Hornet one owner with less than 100,000 miles for $350 . Yes I know where it is but not a lot of people do! Might offer 300.See thrifty [cheap] LOL Rick

--- On Tue, 8/25/09, Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Papa's Johns Pizza Camero
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 7:40 PM

This isn't AMC related but it does have some connection to what we have been discussing with sentimental value and the guy who was offering $25 for help in finding his Hornet. John Schnatter the fonder of Papa Johns Pizza sold his 1971 Z28 Camero for $2800 in 1983. This let his father keep his bar and allowed him to start selling pizzas out of the backroom of the bar. The start of the third largest pizza chain in the US. A few years ago he had a replica of that z28 made and used it some commercials and had it sitting in the lobby of his headquarters here in Louisville. Well I guess this wasn't good enough for him he decided he would try and find the original. He had a web site and offered $25,000 for it having no takers he upped the amount to $250,000. The people who he originally sold it to got involved and found the people they sold it to and they gave them the name of the guy they sold it to about 5 years ago for $4,000. Schnatter went to Frankfort Ky and had them trace the Vin number back and it did come back to his fathers name. I am sure he had to stand in line to get it done. Right. The guy was from the big town of Flatwoods Ky and had restored the car with a big ass engine and had done away with the sunroof. He did keep the same paint scheme though. Schnatter is convinced that even with the changes it is his car. So he had a big party and parked the car in the lobby. See if that guy who wants his original Hornet back would offer $250,000 instead of $25 he might get it back and talk about sentimental value. He gave $250,000 for the car just because of what it meant to him. I guess he did get a bargain he said he would have given the money if it had been in a basket instead he got a nice car worth I would guess $20,000 maybe . He hasn't decided weather he is going to keep it like it is or change it back to the way it was in 1983. To help him celebrate we can all drive out Cameros to a Papa John's pizza place tomorrow and they will give you a free pizza. I thought about getting some of the window chalk and writing Camero on my Gremlins window and get my free piazza. I doubt if most of those guys who work there would even question it. Then I thought I wouldn't insult my Gremlin to get the free pizza.
Terry