Re: [BaadAssGremlins] OT But AMC Related

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] OT But AMC Related

Yikes, hope none of you sons of bitches going anywheres any time soon! Doc......you know that there was a fellow up in NW who had the largest collection of AMCs & Ramblers ever seen. So big his family ddin't know how big it was until he passed away. Harold LeMay....when he passed away he had a staggering 3400+ cars & trucks and almost 60 buildings housed his collection, which was the largest in world, and in these, there was a fondness of Ramblers and aMC and it is estimated he had about 500 of them!

http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=8c2585d1-f035-4744-8a22-f9e5b4ed679e

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/

quite a collection.

I don't think a museum like the Kenosha Transportation Museum would take a collection such as Doc's but could be wrong but this would be my first thought as to where to donate it. And Doc, if you decide to sell them, I could give you a ball park figure on what some of them might be worth.

As I write this I just bought a guy's collection, not as big as yours, but MIB (mint in box) original old models still with cellophane wrapping, AMT, JoHan, MPC, and also a number of original AFX little slot cars. After I go thru them for my own collection to fill in some gaps, will release the rest. But with your's being meticulously built is different. But might be better than relatives have them who would have zero appreciation of your skills....other AMC and model fans WOULD.

Terry, being 60 is 'the new 40' from what I heard. Not that means much when get out of bed and sounds like firecrackers going off with knees, back, and everything else old bones cracking like damned rice krispies. But sometimes donating things to a charity organization is NOT the answer. There are many places that while it is taxable write off, they simply auction it off or sell for scrap, so the good intentions don't happen so usually better to give those charity organizations cash donations as some are not set up for other. Here in Houston there is a place called Can Academy, and they help kids with school, do good work, and they take old cars, then auction them off, and I have bought 2 from them at auctions, both $100 each one Spirit one Javelin. If I was not there to bid the cars would have went to pick a part, scrap weight, $49 each. So before you have Michael Vick take care of dogs, consider the alternatives. Might be better to sell the old beaters yourself on criagslist in your area, and then make donation to humane society which is a outstanding organization. Ad ya'll start eating vitamins.

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com